Our company policy at C &W Direct includes the measures that we are actively taking to mitigate the spread of coronavirus. You are kindly requested to follow all of these rules diligently, to sustain a healthy and safe workplace in this unique environment. It is important that we all respond responsibly and transparently to these health precautions.
We assure you that we will always take your families health and safety and our workers health and safety concerns as a top priority when visiting your home and installing your home improvements.
Here, we outline the required actions that homeowners and our staff should take to protect themselves and their families from a potential coronavirus infection:
- All of our members of staff that visit your home for reasons such as an initial sales enquiry, site survey, building work, installing windows and conservatories, plastering, electrics etc will need to be notified beforehand if you or any member of your family has been recently in close contact with someone who has been infected by COVID-19 or is CURRENTLY showing symptoms of COVID-19.
- Should you or any member of your family have any of these symptoms, we will NOT be able to visit your home to provide any goods or services that you require for a minimum period of 14 days from when they first show any such symptoms?
- When any members of our staff come into your home for any reason, they will sanitise there hands.
- We would kindly ask you if you could leave open all interior doors. Any furniture, ornaments or personal belongings that are in the way should also be moved so that our members of staff can complete a sales enquiry or survey. This is especially important for the installation of your windows, doors, conservatory or any other goods or services that you require. This will limit the need for our members of staff to move or touch any of your belongings in your home.
- They will sanitize their hands before and after using toilet facilities and enhance the cleaning regimes particularly to the toilet handles, seats and toilet flushes. They will also pay attention to wiping down and sanitizing certain areas of your home such as stair hand rails and window sills before they leave your property. Any payments for services or goods by the way of cash to our members of staff should be handled whilst wearing disposable gloves.
- On the arrival of any member of our staff to your home, they will follow and provide good practice of hand sanitizing with the use of an alcohol based sanitizer.
- All tools such as measuring tapes and any necessary equipment will have been sanitized prior to their arrival at your home.
- They will take all necessary precautions to ensure that they regularly practice the use of sanitising of their hands.
- The use of PPE equipment will be encouraged at all times and all of our members off staff will be happy to discuss any concerns that you may have regarding any goods set to be installed or any services provided when visiting your home.
- We encourage that social distancing will be practiced at all times, with a strict minimum of 2 meters of space kept between family members of your household and our members of staff.
- No personal contact can be made with any person in your home with any member of our staff by way of touching, such as shaking hands.
- No member of your household should be in the same room as any member of staff whilst they are installing any goods or services. Our objective will be to protect you and your family, especially the vulnerable by providing the safest possible working environment.
- If you have placed an order for any goods or services from our company, our installation manager will confirm an agreed delivery date of your new windows, doors, conservatory frames and or building materials by email.
- The manufactures will be instructed to deliver your goods and store them in a suitable place of your choice e.g. your rear garden, garage or hard standing area.
- No signatures will be required on delivery. Photographs will be taken for proof of delivery so payment can be made by BACS or debit cards.
- If you need to postpone the installation of your windows, doors or conservatory frames for any reason, contact us. We will rearrange a new convenient date for the installation of your goods. We will still need to deliver your goods that have been manufactured to your home on the agreed delivery dates. This is because the goods will have been sanitized prior to delivery and cannot be returned and restored.
- The balance payment will be required as agreed, prior to, or on delivery of your goods as per your contract.
- Our members of staff will provide their own food and refreshment. We would ask you to take into consideration good practice should you wish to provide our members of staff with any refreshments with the use of any disposable cups or plates where possible.
- They will also dispose of any waste materials on the completion of the installation. This could include any goods brought into your home such as disposable gloves, PPE equipment, window protection film and any consumables that are left over.
- Our members of staff will endeavour to remove all materials safely from your home and will provide waste disposal.
- We would STRONGLY advise that all of our customers take the precaution to sanitize their homes every time one of our members of staff visit and leave it.
Stay safe and best wishes from all of our members of staff at C&W Direct!
Disclaimer: This policy is meant to provide general guidelines and should be used as a reference only. It does not take into account all circumstances and scenarios. This is not a legal document. C&W Direct and all of its employees and contractors will neither offer or will assume any legal liability that may arise from the use of this policy. Assessment date: 11th May 2020.