The Rise of Single Storey Extensions with C&W Direct
Single storey extensions such as conservatories and orangeries are becoming increasingly more popular for homeowners looking to add value to their property.
Here at C&W Direct, we specialise in extending homes and living spaces to reflect their owners desired look.
In our latest blog, we are going to explore Permitted Development Rights and how they work with regards to extending your house.
Permitted Development Rights Explained
Brought into force by the UK Government in 2008, Permitted Development Rights (PDR) with the aim to get the country building more with less interference from bureaucracy.
This removed the need for planning permissions if the following criteria were met –
• Any extension is limited to a single storey and the height of the extension doesn’t exceed the height of the roof of the existing property or a maximum of 4m.
• There’s also a series of restrictions of how far out you can build your extension such as a conservatory or other rear extension must not go beyond 3m from the original property. This would be 4m for a detached property and can’t exceed more than half of the space of the original property
Your Choice of Conservatories in Lichfield
C&W Direct specialise in four different types of conservatories that are built to last and virtually maintenance free.
• Edwardian Conservatories are a timeless and spacious addition to any home that you can relax in all year round.
• The Victorian conservatory gives a rounded and stylish look coupled with a classic design.
• Gable conservatories will create a stunning visual feature for both the interior and exterior of your home with their high pitch of the roof offering a sense of height and space.
• Lean-To conservatories are designed with simple clean lines and are great for smaller properties such as bungalows.
Conservatories in Lichfield from C&W Direct
All of our designs of conservatories in Lichfield come with a fifteen-year guarantee that covers all aspects of installation plus we offer an annual health check once a year for the first five years after being installed.
If you’d like to know more about single-storey extensions from C&W Direct such as conservatories or orangeries please contact us today.